Job Title: Production Artist
Reports to Job Title: Associate Creative Director (Art)
Job Summary: The Los Angeles Tourism & Convention Board is looking for smart, collaborative creatives who are passionate about making inspiring, beautiful, award-winning work. Los Angeles, the creative capital of the world, is our brand — and we represent it to visitors around the globe.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS are listed in order of importance:
1. Manage multiple production projects at once, from start to finish. 40%
2. Layout, edit, and resize everything from multi-page collateral, posters, billboards, print ads, logos and icons, brand style guides, business cards, tradeshow booths, merchandise, websites, apps, social content, motion graphics, internal presentations, and more. 40%
3. Effectively communicate and collaborate with other disciplines to ensure integrity of visual design and brand guidelines and high level of polished print quality. 15%
4. Perform other duties as assigned. 5%
OTHER JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
5. Works directly with print vendors to ensure quality and design of materials produced.
6. Attends tradeshows, meetings events and conferences as needed to ensure booth build outs are accurate and to spec.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Bachelor’s degree required. Minimum of 4-6 years related experience required. Prior experience in travel, tourism or hospitality industry is preferred but not required. Candidate must have prior experience in traditional creative agency or in-house agency. Excellent oral and written communication skills and attention to detail required, especially as it relates to quality of production and spec and final outputs of files. Must be proficient in Adobe photoshop, In Design, Illustrator and other related design software including new software programs. The ideal candidate will be on the pulse of Los Angeles design and have some level of familiarity with our thriving dining scene, diverse neighborhoods, world-class attractions and hotels.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Proficient in Adobe Photoshop
2. Proficient in Illustrator
3. Proficient in In Design
4. Must be proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
5. Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
6. Dependable, great attitude, highly motivated and a team player.
7. Possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
8. Ability to multi-task and meet multiple deadlines.
9. Ability to communicate effectively across various departments.
10. Ability to work in a changing environment.
To apply, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, noting the position title in the subject line. Due to the volume of applications that we receive, we are unable to respond to each individual submission and cannot accept phone inquiries. We appreciate your understanding and look forward to hearing from you.